Thursday, August 19, 2010

its the little things

Isn't it though? I feel like every time my day is made it is by something small and relatively insignificant. Let me clarify. Today, for example, I have been rather stressed throughout the morning. Instead of sleeping in until it is time to get ready for work I decided to get up and get going today. Things on my list? Oil change: As it turns out I am irresponsible and somewhere around 10,000 miles past due. This part of the morning went relatively well and the man accidentally gave me a discount so that was a plus. The next items on my list included mailing something at the post office, picking up a check, and faxing something to the insurance people.I am not a fan of insurance people and their butting into my life and requesting top secret documents of mine. Either way, they are the boss and I am their slave. All of these very boring tasks are ones that I do not like to participate in, and I ran out of time to complete them all before heading to work at NGV. I was pretty bummed because it is so very rare that I get the inspiration to run errands and check things off my list! Lucky for me, little things keep happening to improve my outlook on this previously hectic day.
Examples:
1. Ry-Guy going to fax my info for me. He is not a little thing so much, but its the little thing he did that helped me in a big way.

2. Pita Pit has Pepper Jack cheese! This is a new development in my life! I have been hoping that we would intercept this delicacy at some point before I graduate, and the Pita Peeps have shown favor towards me once again and made it happen. So very glad I didn't make a PB&J today. Philly w/ Pepper Jack > Philly without Pepper Jack

It is only 2:00 p.m. so I only have those two major events to brag about right now. I am so thankful for these tiny baby things that just remind me to stop worrying and stressing and enjoy the cookies from Potbelly (my snack stop for today).

A list of some of my other favorite little things that make days!

- Front row parking spots. What a score.
- Lovely, wordy voicemails from Crazy Dixie. Today she called me "Whitley Granddaughter beautiful thing". Never bad to hear.
- HeyTell messages from CarlsBad
-Free Iced Tea from Potbelly (this was yesterdays day maker)
- Hasting's Rental Service: such nice peeps and such lovely low prices. And you can rent as many as you want! (take that Blockbuster!)
- Phone convos with friends: yesterday= Jennifer, today= Nicci
- When my favorite bloggers update (many of you are big time slacking, by the way).
- Encouraging words from bosses
- Finding new recipes. Trying one out tonight... I will let you guys know how that goes.

What are some little things that make your day? (Yes I want to know, so leave a comment!)

Bye, say bye and have a blessed day :)

Whit

5 comments:

  1. Trying new recipes (cooking anything in general since i never have before until recently), a good ipod shuffle, a good peach

    ReplyDelete
  2. SLEEP! I never realized that I would appreciate this little thing so much! What about brushing your teeth, or a nice hot shower....just the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (this is Megan)
    Today...
    - Productive time in my classroom
    - Time with my Squid
    - Knowing we can count on Whitdiddle to be a fabulous NGV worker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. walking at the lake
    getting calls from my sweet children
    a great glass of iced tea
    getting organized!
    reading my favorite blogs!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. getting letters in the mail
    waking up to realize you have an hour more to sleep
    class getting cancelled
    successful bargain hunting
    estate sales :)

    ReplyDelete