Wednesday, May 12, 2010

terminar

That means to finish- or to end. In Español. Which I ended yesterday! Well.. until I start Spanish 3 on the 17th. Don't rain on my parade, I am celebrating these small scholarly victories. I just know I am going to get good at blogging again- and it all starts today! This blog is happy, sad, and hopefully enjoyable to read. Let's get this party started by giving a shout out to one of my favorite ladies: Audrey Marie Nardecchia.

also introducing "The Point"- this is Aud's signature move. Audrey turned 22 yesterday.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUU!!!! Celebrating her birthday was full of karaoke, laying out and delicious dinner. Audrey's birthday is especially special to me because SHE is so special to me. I became friends with Audrey on MySpace (yeah, I had one...judge me) after our senior year. We had some mutual Southlake/Grapevine friends that just knew we would be buds. We both went tri-delt, bothed loved to dance and be hilarious, and the rest is history. Cheerleader of ALL, Audrey is the person you want to have on your team. She is so sweet, SO easy to talk to, and she listens pretty well too. VERY well, actually. I can't say enough wonderful things about her, and I look forward to our many years of friendship. She moves to Houston this summer to take over all of the apartment complexes there, and I am going to miss her terribly. Love you, Audra!!

On another happy note- Congratulations to all of my graduating friends. For those of you that are SO out of the loop, my friends are seniors, so am I. The difference is they are leaving College Station in the dust, and I am not. But who is complaining? Oh wait, I am. Ha.. no really, I have come to terms with it. Obviously. Anyhow, I am so proud of them and seeing what God does in their lives in the "real world"- Go get em!

This is me with my sibs after my first graduation-don't we look like sharp little babies??

Aside from the celebratory nature of today, my family actually does not just love this day. Today is May 12, 2010. Ten years ago my dad's older brother Clay was killed in a plane crash in Houston. Now there is nothing light, good, or fun about that, but all of those characteristics are exactly what encompass our memories of Clay. Clay was the fun Uncle that we all would cling to, especially my brother and cousin Kyle. He left behind a lovely wife Pam, his daughters Jenny, Jill, and Kristen, and a whole bunch of sad extended family. We miss him. All the time. Clay's death was very hard on everyone, I know, but seeing what it did to my dad and Campbell was especially hard. He and Campbell both are so sensitive inside their grumpy shell, and I know it has taken a great work of the Lord to heal their hearts. If you are the praying kind- do me a big favor... Pray for Jenny, Jill, KK, Pam, and the rest of our family today. I know the Lord has worked in this heartache for the good of many within my family, and I know He will continue to in the next ten years. That is just what He does! A couple of my favorite pictures I have of Clay:

Clay and his brothers- look how skinny they are!

grilling out... typical me.

have a wahhhhhnduhful day, darlings.

bye, say bye!
whitley

1 comment: