April: Carleygirl turned 21. It was fun, it was wild, and it involved parental supervision. Infant or elderly. All were welcome. Not only did this mark a milestone in Carl's life, it also began the month of Mambos... one I shall never forget.
May: I turned 23. I celebrated at Taco Diner with some of a very attractive group of young women, and fellow birthday girl, Miss Jennifer. Ryan got me a really lovely purse. This was a goooood birthday.
June: I got married. Well, so did Ryan, but this is my blog baby! It was FUN. Karen turned her home into a sweatshop and the cake fell over in the backseat of my moms car. The Nemecs ate at Humperdinks. We had live entertainment. The Mavs became world champions, and I became a wife. Been married? I highly recommend it.
We spent the summer honeymooning in Florida, Houston, and traveling throughout Texas. From mid-June to August we were living the life of apartment dwellers. Have you ever lived in an apartment? Me neither, yall. But yes, I do now. Yes, I have a pool. Yes, I have a treadmill. Yes, I have valet trash. (I'm very into things that have the word "valet" in front of them.) We went to weddings, I vacationed in El Campo and Rockport, spent 2 weeks on the lake, and yes, explored Houston's finer foods. Ya see, the thing is, Ryan and I were both unemployed at the time. Allow me to re-phrase... Ryan had not started yet, while I was hoping to never start at all. Work is for the birds, people. The little bitty birds. Summer 2k11- I love you. I love you very much.
August: I am a teacher. 6th and 7th grade, so I am more of an attitude coach. I got hired 3 days before school started, got talked into teaching Math, and I'd have to say I am still learning. "Mrs. Nemec, I don't think that answer is right..." My response? "You are right! This key is wrong." The key is always wrong. Mainly because I write the key. I teach at a charter school. Can't hack it with the big boys. Nevertheless, I sort of enjoy my small group of adolescents. It's like I am Sister Mary Clarence, only I teach in the suburbs, not the Bronx. A student quotes blog is coming soon.
The same weekend I got hired to teach, something much cooler and much more permanent happened. Lindsay and Justin got married in the fabulous and upcoming Waco, TX. For those of you living in a dark hole, Lindsay is Ryan's sister. If ya don't know who Ryan is, go read someone else's blog. Strangers aren't welcome here.

Really a nice looking couple if you ask me. Such a beautiful weekend full of food, Nemecs, and pretty people. Congrats to David and Dolores for throwing such a lovely party and for having hot children. Nothing but love for ya both.
October: Emily and Zack are engaged, people. ALERT! Too much hotness for one couple. They are both so fun and both so special and I am so glad they will get married and that they will have babies (right, yall??) It all went down this weekend. Picture this: Crowded happy hour, cute blazer, Zack's flannel, rose petals, tears, SURPRISE, more tears, roomies, sisters, strangers, no kats. Beautiful things are happening in Houston. Best believe dat.
Oooooo I have written too much but I know I left so much out. And I know you are on the edge of your seat DYING to know whats been up with me, right ?!? Emily and Carl moved from the holy land and into mouse holes. Campbell and Zarah bought a house and a pup,(always stealing my life and my dreams). Stacey danced at Rebels, and Carl cried on Zack's couch. We sat courtside at the Mavs game with Jenna. My mom is the executive in charge of the social lives of all elderly people in Dallas. MB moved out... well half way out. Callie is a half doctor and Nicci is giving medical counsel to strangers. All this since March? I know, my life and my people are too hot to handle.
I need to go. I have written all of this while at work. Teacher of the year? Hell yes, I am.

best blog evuh.
ReplyDeleteLoved this!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Loved this, Whit!
ReplyDeletenicely done
ReplyDeleteYour blog puts a big permagrin on my face! XO! Kelley
ReplyDelete