
Thats not necessarily true, but I do love that song and I do love the Carpenters. We had some rain last week and it was actually quite nice, and my Monday, though it just began, should not get me down toooo much. Either way, it is Monday. One of the most decidedly dreaded days of the week. How do I overcome the Monday blues? By simply reflecting on my weekend, then brainstorming on how to spend week 2 of SS( Summer School.. come on ).
Highlight of the Weekend: Saturday night Astros game with Ryan and Jennifer!

We had a big time. Ryan and I got to take a little vacation from College Station and see my sweet friend Jennifer, the Astros, AND the Cubs! Jennifer is from the lovely town of Lufkin, Texas and I am lucky to have become friends with her through many of our mutual friends and acquaintances. If you have met her, you probably really like her. Her kind-of boyfriend Andrew Cashner was moved up to the Cubs last week (which is so BIG time!) so Jennifer was in Houston to support him. Naturally, Ryan and I jumped on the band-wagon and joined her at Minute Maid Park. Many Congrats to Andrew and thanks Jen for hanging with us!



Now onto this week- besides being in school every single day, I have some fun stuff up my sleeve.
1. Getting some sun and swimming laps (Ryan is going to show me how!) Don't hate. I have never been on a swim team therefore I only know the backstroke.
2. I just HAVE to start a new TV series. It is the missing link to my otherwise lovely and lazy summer. Please offer your suggestions in the comment box. I cannot wait to rent/buy the 1st season of it! Okay well technically Ryan would have to rent it because I am currently banned from Blockbuster until the end of time but that is another blog for another day.
3. Lots of cooking-just last night I assisted Ryan in making a deeeeeelicious dinner of tilapia, sauteed bell peppers and white rice. I highly recommend it. I love to cook and summer proves to be a perfect time for critiquing my skills!
4. Deep cleaning my house, the HDCDS. Nuff said.
5. Boring papers for my boring classes. I guess that is not "fun stuff" that I was referring to before. I apologize.
It seems I need to work on that list a little bit. Some of that stuff is not too exciting. Dang it. Either way, week 2 is under way!!
Hope you all have a splendid week full of fun and blessings galore. Love you, mean it.
Bye, say bye!
WAG

No comments:
Post a Comment