Today I had the brilliant idea that I wanted to go on a jog. For those of you who do not know me very well, I will offer a bit of my athletic background. I was a serious soccer, softball and volleyball player in elementary school, then put those things behind me to pursue my dream of being a Lake Highlands Junior High Cheerleader in the 7th grade. Before I saw this goal come to life, I anticipated that I would be a shoe-in for the track team. After continuous sprints to the stop sign and back the night before try-outs, I knew that my future as a runner was sealed. Goodbye, LH. Hello Olympics! The next day at try outs.. well let's not even go there! I did not make the cut, the girls that ran the 200 with me cheated... all 3 tries. I just hate cheaters, don't you? After this severe let down I dabbled in Cross Country but decided that was not a long term sport for me because Coach Cook had a chili-bowl haircut and ferrets that she carried in her pockets and I for one, am deathly afraid of ferrets.
From this point on it was short skirts and pom poms, then the glory days of Wranglers in my last years of highschool. I would jog here and there with my mom around the block, but I had decided then and there (in 8th grade), that I would never be a runner. I would have to work on my olympic cheerleading skills, or better yet, become discovered as the next Trisha Yearwood.
proof that the public school system will let anyone, no matter how many braces or how gangly they are, cheer in front of their fans.
What does this have to do with Ryan being a big pusher? I will tell you. Throughout my 4 years as a college student, my body has become a bit softer, I am slower, and I have become slightly(and only slightly) concerned for my health as far as my insides go: my heart, my lungs, my brain, etc. I realize the softer and slower is all apart of become a real grown up lady, and I have accepted that. Either way, I have also heard rumors that exercise cannot and will not hurt you, it may even help in these and other areas. If that is the case, I am interested! But let me get one thing clear: I hate it. The running, the exercise, the sweat, the weights, the crunches, the pain in my chest, the shortness of breath. It is all so sad for me to think about. But here is what I do like about it: The extra energy, the sore muscles, and the fact that I know it is healthy for my bod. I am too young to be this weak. Soooooo- The shrooms and I decided at the beginning of this semester we would be more active and we have been! I am at the rec on a fairly regular basis, taking speed walks around the neighborhood( I am a gooooood speed walker), and jogging when I can. Ryan, however, is a super runner. He can run at least 20 miles. Or something like that. It blows my mind. I wish I could do that... but I have accepted my fate that I probably have severe asthma and my lungs would collapse, so I just can't!
Ryan hates this kind of talk. Today I told him, "hey, lets jog!" And we did. We have only jogged once before, and it was beautiful weather around the beautiful White Rock Lake in Dallas over SB2010. He is good at saying things like, "Come on, don't stop yet, you can do it!" These things are so nice. However, when I am running, these things make me want to push him down. Ahhh I just hate pushing myself, and usually I don't until he makes me. If Ryan ever agrees to run with me again, I am vowing to the bloggy world that I will push a little harder and run a little farther. He says I can, and he says he would never let me run more than I could. I am not training for a marathon or anything like that, but I find that it helps to have a little push(or maybe a big push) in the right direction. In this way, and this way only, I am glad Ryan is a pusher. He knows I want to run, but he also knows I am not that motivated. So thanks Ry, I appreciate you extra today :)
In other news- GLEE IS TONIGHT!! It is back! I am putting on the DVD's of season 1 in order to prepare myself for this day of all days. One of my best pals Nicci is coming over to watch it so we can relive our choir days. Thank you sweet Jesus for such a FUN show that is so fun to watch. 8:30 Central time on Fox! Don't forget, y'all!
much love to you guys!
bye-Say bye :)
whit

I will never forget our Cross Country experience b/c of
ReplyDelete1. Coach Cook
2. we got out of competing
3. I don't think I'll ever be able to run a circuit again nor do I ever want to
i was picking up dog food today and saw ferrets in the pet store - they creep me out too, Whit
ReplyDeleteI like it a lot!! but I wish you would write more about the ferret coach
ReplyDelete