Thursday, May 27, 2010

tortillas, butter, and shout outs

For the first time this summer, I had tortillas and butter as a little appetizer last night at Mi Cocina. Why am I writing about this and other foods all the time? Because I just love it. That is why! If you don't ever eat tortillas and butter at mexican restaurants, (gooooood mexican restaurants)... you owe it to yourself to cheat on your diet just a baby bit. Pleaseeee!! For the love of your tummy!!

Okay, okay- I will stop talking about food for now, but not forever! Today I will dedicate this short blog post to shout outs! First and foremost I want to say hello to Megan and Ranger Ewing and congratulate them on the BIG news of having a little baby in December!! If you have followed my bloggy blog, you know that Megan is my Bible study leader and Stranger Ranger is my boss at Pita Pit- more importantly they are my friends. They are such exemplary role models to me and my siblings- it is a BIG God stop that they are in my life! Love you both and I can't wait to spend some quality time with y'all this summer.

2nd Shout Out- Remember Callie, the bff? She has parents. Kelly and Paul. I found out two nights ago while watching some hideous recordings of my youth at their house that Mrs. Gittemeier has been following my blog- this is truly an honor. I believe that takes my known follower count up to 9 or 10! Mr. and Mrs. Gittemeier have always made me feel welcome in their home and raised 4 pretty wonderful people that I have enjoyed knowing over the last 10 years. As promised- here is to you, Kelly and Paul! Love you guys!

(Callie's dad as Superman. It was on facebook, so I feel it is public information.)
3rd Shout Out- Embily--- Carlsbad and I miss you! I am dreading going back to our little house without you guys. That is really all I have to say. Come visit soon!

4th Shout Out- Hello to my future Zister In Law, Sarah. I recently (almost 3 days ago) attended an intense super workout class with this power lifter and I am still reallllyyyy feeling it. Even more today than before. Ouch. Lots of ouch. But now I am on a roll, and I owe it all to you, ZIL! We can't wait for you to be a Gillis! Thanks for including me in your quest to be super fit :)

Sarah in action, shortly after running a 2000 mile marathon.

Thats all for now, folks. Conroe and I will just be here enjoying some old 90210 if you want to join. You have all my love :)

Bye, say bye!

Whitley Athleen

1 comment: