Monday= spent some quality time with my LOVELY and sweet grandparents Charlie and Dixie Rae. I don't know that I have given them adequate attention on this blog, but let me tell you something. Quality folks, those two. We enjoyed some shopping and then some Mi Cocina. Thanks again to Gmom and Gdad for a wonderful monday evening! I was also lucky enough to have a reunion with my bff Callie on Monday night. We love to catch up. And text :) Soooo good seeing you cal!
see Charlie and Dixie AND Callie below!
C & D- not on SB but one of my fave pics of this lovely couple.
me and cal... duh.
Tuesday- I had a bunch of fun with JanPie on Tuesday. We had a lovely lunch at the Mercury, did some shopping, and enjoyed one another's company like all good mom's and daughters do. That night she and Scott teamed up to cook a delicious dinner and to welcome Ryan to dallas for Sb2010! I always love Whit and Jan time... I only wish we had just a baby bit more time with one another. Oh well. Carpe Diem it is.
Wednesday & Thursday- these 2 days were kinda sorta "Ryany Days''. Get it? Like Rainy days? Ha! Anyyyhowwww we did lots of fun stuff... Well I babysat Hudson on Wednesday and Ryan was able to visit. Hudson, for those of you wayyy out of the loop, is Embily's nephew. He lives in dallas with his parents and I am his favorite babysitter. He would tell you guys that if he could talk. Moving on. That night we were treated to a lovely dinner at MiCocina by the sweet manager, Walter. Working in restaurants pays off!.. Sometimes. Not very much, actually.
The next day we enjoyed the Dallas Arboretum which was beautiful!! I love flowers. AND sunshine. I am sure Ryan enjoyed the flowers, too. He hasn't said so in those exact words, however. My mom cooked yet another wonderful dinner, and Calgal came over to fill us in on her always exciting life. A Dvd of my Senior Show and we called it a night!!
Friday AND Saturday- having to make these combos because this blog is getting a baby bit lengthy. Laura Dawn Daniel came to visit! We had so much fun at the Gillis house with this guest. Oh and Carlsbad came home safely :) Praise the Lord! Back to Laura... no offense, Carl. We played around Dallas and tried to keep this lady entertained because it was/is her birthday weekend! Happy 22nd to you, LD! Today is her real birthday. We celebrated last night when Bret got into Dallas. Dinner at Tillman's then out on the town for a bit with friends. And there was some snow. Yes on March 21st. Crazy crazy town. Some pics from the birthday are below!


laura and her boyfriend... he is famous.

spring snow at the Gillis house!!
To close up this blog I will tell you about Sunday- which is today. Laura's bday, end of SB10 as we know it, and the drive back to college station. The fam went to church, the fam went to eat, and then Ryan and I headed out. Church was EXTRA great today. We have started attending the Village Church in Dallas and today we saw a video feed of Matt Chandler, the head pastor. He has cancer in his brain and if you are not already, please pray for him. I happen to know God has/is using him to speak to many people that need the Lord. Hey..We all do! He said alot of neat things. I will touch on some of them tomorrow.
Thankful to get back to school safely... not so thankful for this cold weather. Ahhh well. Time for bed.
Bye, say bye!!
Whitley
p.s- thanks to EVERYONE who made SBX such a HUGE hit :)

No comments:
Post a Comment