Monday, March 1, 2010

rain, rain. go away.

The truth is, the rain already has gone away. But it is still very gloomy and rainy-ish outside. Which I dislike. Anywayyyyyss folks, its MONDAY! Normally I would dismay over the fact that the week has started again, but I have decided today I will be happy that the week has begun! Here are some reasons why:

After this week and NEXT week, we all get a good little break. Spring Break, that is :) :)
This is the last week of Ryan's internship... Im prettyyy glad.
I work at Pita Pit tonight with Carl.. come visit us!
The Bachelor is over tonight, which I am happy about because I think its awful.
The video I saw on Kaci Lynn's Blog!-pretty cute, if you ask me.
I'm reading Catcher in the Rye for the first time and I am almost finished!
..... that is all I can think of for now.

I forgot to blog about this yesterday... but it was my dad's birthday was yesterday!! Happy belated- birthday Scott. When I called him yesterday he said the family was watching the USA vs. Canada hockey game without clothes on.. sounds like a real party! Scott is wonderful and newly very skinny and full of old man energy. Love you, Scoot Scoot Scoooooter !
Here is a recent photo ( last week recent) of my Dad and my friend Emily. Don't they look so happy??

Much love to you both.

Another reason this Monday is happy one is because I am very rested. I had an eventful, yet restful weekend. I had a wonderful time seeing my lovely friends at and in SING on Friday and let me be one of the many to say that the judges are big idiots, Pi Phi was a shoe in for Pigskin. I don't understand conspiracies, and I never will. Down right hateful, if you ask me. Either way, great job Julia Beth in being the Sing Queen once again this year. Made me VERY proud :)

To conclude my post, I am going to feature a "Friend of the Day". Today's friend is especially important and special to me.
Emily Ann Stuller was killed in a car accident on June 29, 2009. She has been one of my best and closest friends since we were in the 1st grade. Today, though it is March 1st, marks the 8 month anniversary of her death ( seeing as there is no February 29th this year). Emily would just not allow this to be over-looked :). For those of you reading that had the pleasure of knowing Emily, I hope that you consider yourself as blessed as I do. Emily is a funnnnnyyyy girl with an infectious laugh, one that I can still hear ringing in my ears to this day. She is spontaneous, lovable, a great listener, and someone who is always on your side. She had a passion for teaching, cooking, and making everyone around her have a wonderful time. I am so so so lucky and thankful to the good Lord to have known her. Check out her blog posts here if you have time. Funny stuff. Here are some of my favorite pics of my crazy friend-

always posing

cheer children


There she is! Pretty, pretty em :) The memories I have of her will be ones that I cherish forever. Another reason to be thankful this week. I am thankful for you, Emily, and I miss you always.

I hope everyyyyyybody has a great week. 5 day countdown begins!!

bye, say bye :)

Wag

No comments:

Post a Comment